22 September 2013

under wraps

I could have sworn I had already posted this recipe but I was looking for it to share with a friend the other day and I couldn't find it. So if you are reading this information for the second time, I apologize. If it is the first time, you're welcome. 

 
LENTIL WRAPS WITH BLACKENED ONIONS, JALAPENO, AVOCADO, AND TOMATO

2 whole wheat wraps 
1 can (15 oz) Eden Organics lentils with onion and bay leaf 
2-3 onions, thinly sliced 
1 jalapeno, de-seeded and thinly sliced   
1 avocado, pitted, sliced on a diagonal and scooped out of the peel
As many cherry or grape tomatoes as you want 
salt
pepper
lemon juice
olive oil 

Put 2 Tbsp olive oil in a cast iron on medium-low heat and toss in your onion slices. Keep an eye on your onions over a period of about 25 minutes. If they start to dry out before they start to brown/blacken, add more olive oil. When the onions are nice and shriveled and dark brown, push them to the sides of the pan and quickly sautee your jalapeno in the centre of the pan (1-2 minutes). 

Drain off the liquid from the lentils, heat. Assemble: base layer of lentils on a wrap, nudge 1/2 an avocado up beside that, top with onions, jalapeno, tomato, splash of lemon juice, sprinkle of salt and pepper. Wrap.

So. Easy.

My recipe, my photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment